The mold is usually formed by fungi in food products that have passed the expiry date and in places such as shower curtains that come in contact with water. Although these mushrooms look similar, they actually have different characteristics. On damp surfaces, the molds to be formed by the rotting of your fabrics or other goods, and the molds in the food products and the basement walls have different characteristics.
Allergens in the form of mold spores or spore chains usually enter our bodies through moldy foods, from our respiratory tract or directly into the skin. Mold allergens can trigger the following indication:
Nose: Sneezing, nose pulling, nasal inflammation (swelling of nasal membranes, difficulty in breathing nasal obstruction and breathing)
Eyes (less frequent): itching, redness, irritation, swelling (conjunctivitis)
Respiratory System: Cough, phlegmatic respiratory distress (bronchitis), acute respiratory distress, asthma (often)
Skin: Itching and irritation (eczema hives neurodermatitis)
Digestive System (Frequent): Gas, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain
Head (less frequent): Migraine
The risk of mold allergy is mainly due to the medical conditions you have experienced before. Mold spores act as "internal" and "external allergens". The mold is formed especially in damp, hot, poorly ventilated spaces, in wet cellars and basements, in bathrooms, on cold and moist outer walls, on wallpapers, behind cabinets, behind picture frames, in the living rooms, in humidifiers, in air conditioning systems, in flowerpots, . It is also seen on food items (fruits, vegetables, bread, cheese, etc.). Mold enzymes are also used in the food processing industry.
Mold spores can often be reached so far places with spores. If you regularly record your symptoms and possible mold sources, your doctor may have an idea of mold allergy. The blood, skin and provocation tests to be done on this will confirm whether or not you are allergic to mold.